Beca was thrilled to celebrate a total of 19 wins for projects we’ve worked on over the past 12 months at the 2019 Property Council New Zealand, Rider Levett Bucknall Property Industry Awards held in Auckland on Friday 14 June.
We acted as client advisor on Christchurch’s stunning new central library, Tūranga, which picked up the Supreme Award. Commenting on Tūranga’s attributes, judges said it “encompasses a wide range of facilities for the community, including a heritage collection, an innovation zone, music and video studios, a 200-seat arena and a café and outdoor roof terraces”. They also recognised the “high level of community pride and ownership in Tūranga which will ensure it remains relevant to the city and community for decades to come”.
Alongside Tūranga, Beca projects the PwC Centre, Vinegar Lane and Cider Building, H&M Commercial Bay, Te Aka Mauri Children’s Health and Library Hub, and the Mason Bros. Building all picked up ‘Best in Category’ awards. AUT's Mana Hauora building, part of their Southern Campus also received a 'Merit' under the Resene Green Building Property Award, recognising its attributes as one of the most energy efficient buildings in Australasia.
As one of the biggest annual events on New Zealand’s property industry calendar, the prestigious PCNZ Awards focus on the efficient use of capital in developing new buildings from scratch or redeveloping existing structures for a new lease on life. All projects are nominated by industry participants, before being evaluated against a wide range of criteria – including their potential to provide an outstanding return and/or delivery of services on investment of funds.
We were involved in the following award-winning projects and congratulate all 2019 partners, award recipients and nominees.
Housing New Zealand Multi-Unit Residential Property Award
- Merit - Wynyard Central
GIB Education Property Award
- Merit - Nga Wai Hono – AUT University, Auckland
- Excellence - Rutherford Regional Science and Innovation Centre, Christchurch
- Merit - Te Toki a Rata, Wellington
RCP Commercial Office Property Award
- Excellence / Best in Category - PwC Centre, Wellington
Holmes Consulting Group Tourism and Leisure Property Award
- Merit - Auckland International Airport
- Merit - Chelsea Bay, Auckland
- Merit - Admin Building, Auckland Zoo
Natural Habitats Urban Land Developments Property Award
- Best in Category - Vinegar Lane and Cider Building, Auckland
Yardi Retail Property Award
- Excellence / Best in Category - H&M Commercial Bay, Auckland
CBRE Industrial Property Award
- Merit - Bunnings Distributions Centre, Auckland
Warren and Mahoney Civic and Arts Property Award
- Merit - Museum of New Zealand Te Papa, Wellington
- Best in Category - Tūranga
Fagerhult NZ Health and Medical Property Award
- Merit / Best in Category - Te Aka Mauri Children’s Health and Library Hub, Rotorua
Hawkins Heritage and Adaptive Reuses Property Award
- Merit - Te Aka Mauri Children’s Health and Library Hub, Rotorua
- Merit - 44 Symonds Street, Auckland (Waikohanga House)
Resene Green Building Property Award
- Merit - MH Building, AUT South Campus
- Best in Category - Mason Bros, Auckland
Rider Levett Bucknall Supreme Award
To learn more about the PCNZ Awards, including a full list of this year’s winners, visit their website here.