Beca's water team is excited to attend and present at the 2023 Water New Zealand Conference & Expo, from 17-19 October in Te Whanganui-a-Tara Wellington.
The three-day conference is a chance for us to share knowledge and work together to resolve water challenges in Aotearoa New Zealand.
We have several water specialists speaking at the conference:
- Garrett Hall and Jolanta Gussenhoven: Wastewater Codesign for Small Communities: A Case Study from Te Tai Tokerau / Northland
- Chris Olivier (co-presented with Rodney Clark, from Tauranga City Council): A 250-Year-Old Flood Two Months In - Awaiāri Resilience Story
- Reuben Bouman: Pond Upgrade or Plant Rebuild? - A guide to Navigating the Pros and Cons
- Jo Preston and Daniel Alexander: Risky Decisions Creating Better Infrastructure Outcomes
- Scott Pearson (co-presented with Claude Lewis (Marshall Projects)): Optimising Water Treatment Plant Commissioning: Strategies for Successful Integration
- Scott Pearson (co-presented with Rodney Clark, from Tauranga City Council): Putting Operators First: Insights from Waiāri’s Design Journey
- Ed Burry and Greg Offer: Private Water Supplies – Where Are They and What Are the Risks?
- Brigette Priestley: Restoring the Mauri of the Wai – Using Co-Management to Determine Wastewater Treatment and Disposal
- Jon Reed (co-presented with Geoff Williams, from Wellington Water): Dynamic Adaptive Pathways Planning for a Water Resource Investment Strategy
- Scott Pearson: From Inception to Implementation: How Pragmatic Design Improves Water Sustainability
- James Taylor (co-presented with Korako Edwards, from Aukaha and Merchen Naidoo, from Dunedin City Council): Face-to-Face Engagement with Mana Whenua for the Waikōuaiti Water Treatment Plant Upgrade
- Tom Davies (co-presented with Clemence Carlinet, from Watercare): Merging contaminatns Mornitoring - Where do we start?
- Liam Tamplin: Research Undertaken to Improve Sustainability and Costs for BNR Plants
- Alex Medich: Programme-Wide Emissions Reductions - A Sustainable Way Towards Sustainability
The full program, including specific times and locations of the conference presentations, can be found on the event website.