It was a night to celebrate on 12 August, with a number of projects Beca has been involved in recognised at the Property Industry Awards - one of the most significant property award programmes in New Zealand.
The awards showcase an extensive range of exemplary projects from across the country, and it was a great result to see our contributions to New Zealand’s property market held in such high regard.
- Te Aratai College - Ministry of Education: Winner (Education)
- 22 The Terrace - Stride Property: Excellence (Commercial Office) and Excellence (Green Building)
- Waimea College - Ministry of Education: Merit (Education) and Merit (Green Building)
- National Algae Research Centre - Cawthorne Institute: Merit (Industrial)
- SkyCity 24/7 Staff and Dining - SkyCity: Merit (Tourism & Leisure)
- Te Pokapū Aotea Centre – Tātaki Auckland Unlimited: Merit (Civic, Health & Arts)
"The greenest future requires us to upgrade the buildings we've already got, so we’re thrilled with PCNZ’s recognition that 22 The Terrace demonstrates ‘Excellence’ in both the Green Building and Commercial Office categories," says Ethan Duff, Building Scientist, and part of Beca’s project team for 22 The Terrace.
"The project exemplifies how we need to approach sustainable design in general: use what we've got, have a light touch, make a big impact – and the result was one of the most cost-effective 5* Green Star buildings in New Zealand."
Congratulations once again to our clients and partners on these fantastic projects, and to all other award recipients and nominees!
For more information on the Property Industry Awards, visit the New Zealand Property Council’s website here.