Effective from 1/8/2019
This Privacy Statement provides an overview of the way Beca Group Limited and its subsidiary and affiliate companies (Beca) may collect, store, use, and share (“process”) personal information collected through www.beca.com and Beca websites that link to this Privacy Statement (our “Websites”). If you do not agree to this Privacy Statement, you should cease using our Websites and you should not provide your personal information to us.
Beca operates worldwide through subsidiary and affiliate companies. Our Websites are controlled by Beca Corporate Holdings Limited, unless a website specifies otherwise, in which case this Privacy Statement will not apply.
If you are a Beca client, business partner, supplier, agent, student, or visitor, we may collect personal information about you directly in person through our Websites, online portals or chatbots accessed via our Websites, email, telephone, apps, or otherwise.
If you are a job applicant, please note that a separate privacy statement will apply to personal information collected through our Beca Careers Portal.
This Privacy Statement is not applicable to incorporated bodies such as companies and does not relate to your employment relationship with us.
If you fail to provide us with your personal information when requested, we may be unable to offer certain services to you.
What personal information we collect
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Contact details including your address, phone number, email address, and occupation
- Personal details such as your name, title, and date of birth
- Your communications with us, such as records of phone conversations, emails, letters and other records of communication between us including through our chatbots
- Credential information for example passwords, hints and similar security information used for authentication and access to our Websites, online portals, accounts and services
- Your preferences for our services when you tell us what they are (for example by completing a survey), or we assume what they are, based on how you use our services
- Data generated during the performance of a contract or agreement between us, and other information stored in our client, supplier, and business partner databases
- Personal information you have entered into our Websites, our apps or online portals or that is generated by the functionalities you have used in these forums and the technical information from your device such as its IP address, the internet browser you use, the pages you have visited on our Websites, online portals or apps, your click and surf behaviour and the length of your session
- The communication channel you may have chosen to use to connect with us (such as Facebook or Twitter)
- Your location data where you enable location-based services or features on our Website, online portals, or apps, or from your IP address or data such as an address
Information we obtain from other sources, such as credit agencies, fraud-prevention agencies, and from other information providers that may relate to your interactions with us.
What we do with your personal information
We may use the personal information we collect from you for our legitimate business interests, including to:
- Provide and maintain our services
- Manage our relationship with you
- Manage our news and publications subscriptions service
- Inform you of our other products and services
- Personalise your experience on our Websites and with our chatbots
- Communicate with you
- Improve our Websites, online portals, apps and chatbots
- Monitor and prevent illegal activity that threatens our Websites, our computer systems or networks
- Comply with any applicable laws and/or regulations
- Enter into or perform any agreement or contract between us
- Allow you to connect with us (e.g. via Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Develop and improve our services
- Provide any help you request from us, including by chatbot
- Data analysis, fraud monitoring and prevention
- Identify usage trends.
We may also use personal information collected from you through our Websites in an aggregated or anonymised form without your prior consent. We do not consider such aggregated or anonymised personal information to be personal information.
Who we share your personal information with and why
As an international organisation the personal information we collect may be shared throughout our network of offices. We may share your personal information for administrative purposes and to ensure we have a complete overview of your relationship with us.
We may also share your personal information with third parties who assist us in delivering our services, including operating our Websites. For example:
- Partners, suppliers or agents involved in delivering our services to you
- Companies who are engaged to perform services on our behalf
- Third parties that we use for marketing such as approved media agencies and advertising companies
- Chatbots such as Scout is hosted using Facebook Messenger which means your conversations and any information you share is subject to their privacy policies. You can read more about Facebook’s privacy and security practices here https://www.facebook.com/policy.php.
We will provide your personal information to regulatory bodies, tax authorities and/or investigating authorities only if we are obliged to do so by law or regulation, or if you have consented for this information to be disclosed.
We recognise that we are accountable for your personal information wherever it is in the world. Where we can, we will only send your personal information to countries that have equivalent or higher privacy standards to those in New Zealand. Where we cannot do this, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected. For example, if you are in the European Union, we will enter into EU Standard Contractual Clauses with that other country.
The third parties who we engage with will be contractually bound to keep all information confidential and to only process your information to the extent that it is necessary and in accordance with applicable law.
How we store and protect Personal Information
We take all reasonable efforts to ensure the confidentiality and security of your personal information, whether it is stored by us or our trusted third parties. We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to protect the personal information in our possession or under our control and to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks.
Most of the personal information we hold is stored on Microsoft cloud platforms, including Microsoft Azure. Microsoft takes privacy seriously and has several safeguards in place to protect the personal information it holds on our behalf. You can read more about Microsoft’s privacy and security practices here https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-ca/.
You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information only for as long as we have a lawful purpose to use it. This means we may retain your personal information for a reasonable period after your last interaction with us. When we no longer need your personal information, we will securely destroy or delete it, where it is possible and practical to do so.
How to withdraw your consent
You may withdraw consent and request us to stop processing your personal information for any or all the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to the Privacy Officer at the contact details provided below.
Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to process your personal information where such processing is permitted or required under applicable laws.
How to access, correct or delete your personal information
You have the right to request access to, and under certain conditions, the correction or deletion of, the personal information we hold about you. If we are unable to correct or delete your personal information (for example, where we do not agree that it is wrong, or we need the personal information for a lawful purpose), we will tell you. Please submit your request in writing or via email by using the contact details at the bottom of this Privacy Statement. Please note that we may ask for additional information to verify your identify.
Links to other sites
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify or amend this Privacy Statement at any time. The effective date will be displayed at the beginning of this Privacy Statement.
You understand that by accessing our Websites you agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement.