Welcome to F&B Sounds Bites, a podcast on hot topics, trends and challenges for professionals in the Food and Beverage industry hosted by Hamish McCook.
As consumers increasingly demand healthier foods produced in more sustainable ways, it is clear the food and beverage industry has a huge part to play in designing better processes across the entire food system. We speak with Kate Meyer, Business Director - Sustainability to find out why restricting carbon emissions produced by the food system is critical to limiting climate change and how adding sustainability labels to food products might help the average consumer make better informed purchasing decisions.
This topic is bought to you by F&B Sounds Bites, a podcast on hot topics, trends and challenges for professionals in the engine room behind the Food and Beverage industry hosted by Hamish McCook.
A “planetary facts” labeling system – similar to the nutritional facts labeling found on many food products as referred to in this episode. Image supplied by Kate Meyer.
F&B Sound Bites is distributed as an email every 5-6 weeks. You can read the first one here.
If you'd like to get on the distribution list, you can sign up here. We'll only send you content related to the F&B Sound Bites series.
All podcasts can be found below:
- Episode 1 - Who is Hamish McCook Anyway?
- Episode 2 - Are You Taking Your Cold Storage Seriously?
- Episode 3 - Is Your Supply Chain Working For You?
- Episode 4 - The virtual virus - what can you do to protect your business?
- Episode 5 - How do you know if your design manager is letting you down?
- Episode 6 - Is indoor farming the answer to food sovereignty?
- Episode 7 - Is indoor farming possible at a commercial scale?