In July 2018, along with 60 companies, we became a signatory to the Climate Leaders Coalition in New Zealand. We have also been a member of the Sustainable Business Council (SBC) for many years, committed to the balanced pursuit of economic growth, ecological integrity and social progress.
Our commitment to a low emissions economy
For the generations after us, for the country we love, for the viability of our business, we are ambitious for action on climate change.
If we act now we can forge a path to create a future that is low-emission, positive for our businesses and economy, and inclusive for all New Zealanders. We are committed to playing our part to make that future real. If we don’t, our competitiveness is at risk.
We take climate change seriously in our business:
- We measure our greenhouse gas emissions and publicly report on them
- We set a public emissions reduction target consistent with keeping within 2° of warming
- We work with our suppliers to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions
We believe the transition to a low emissions economy is an opportunity to improve New Zealand’s prosperity:
- We support the Paris Agreement & New Zealand’s commitment to it
- We support introduction of a climate commission and carbon budgets enshrined in law
Full list of signatories to the Climate Leaders Coalition