Beca has been appointed by VicRoads to deliver detailed design for the Warncoort to Colac East section of the Princes Highway Duplication project in Victoria, Australia.
The design of the 8.5km section of road from east of Bourkes/Trasks Road to Colac will include:
- two lanes in each direction separated by a wide median and a 3-4 metre shoulder
- six new intersections
- designated left and right turns off the highway
- flexible barriers on the edge of the road and in the median
- upgraded culverts and drainage to cater for a one-in-100 year rain event
- landscaping through the cutting on the eastern approach to Colac.
The Beca team will include a number of program and project managers who are highly experienced in the delivery of large, multidisciplinary transport infrastructure projects including roads and highways, ports and airports. Beca’s expert technical team includes some of Australia’s leading designers in road geometry, drainage and water sensitive design, road safety and quality management.