Last week our Melbourne office hosted Beca’s third Annual Water Technical Conference, covering a wide range of water technologies with a key focus on future trends within industry.
Fifty of Beca’s top water specialists, together with a selection of local water and industrial clients, gathered to discuss the future of water and how new technology can play a role in more sustainable solutions. We also took the opportunity to introduce some of our leading specialists to our local water authority clients during the week.
Covering all things water our mix of industry specialists, technical directors, project managers and engineers shared their knowledge on:
- Data visualisation tools for early warning of water supply contamination
- Implementing improved protozoan performance at Australia’s largest water treatment plants
- Ground Water modelling
- Waste to energy technologies
- Wastewater treatment process modelling
- Collaborative and integrated water resources planning
- Pipeline network transient analysis
- Selection of valves for energy dissipation
- Biotrickling filters for odour treatment
Post workshops the market stalls showcased the best of our Beca talent. Covering advisory, power, climate change & resilience, civil structures, 3D scanning, industry 4.0 / digital engineering and virtual reality safety inductions. The interactive displays offered demonstrations, including the chance to try the immersive virtual reality experience of Beca’s latest Health and Safety application.
David Papps, Beca Technical Fellow - Water, was excited to share our latest thinking and technologies with clients and colleagues.
“It was a great opportunity for our leading technical specialists to get together, share ideas and build relationships showcasing our expertise for our clients,” David said.
To find out more about our water service offering, visit here.