We draw on a range of specialist disciplines to take a project from design concept through to implementation.
Auckland Council City Centre Masterplan Preparation – Newton Precinct
New Zealand is seeing an increasing focus on the quality of public places and a growing demand for better design outcomes. Urban design is about guiding, designing and supporting the delivery of a high quality built environment. It is a tool for transforming our towns, cities and regions, grounded in an understanding of places and a commitment to their future.
Our process is a collaborative one. As part of one of New Zealand's largest multi-disciplinary consultancies, we are well positioned to draw on the full range of Beca's specialist disciplines to take an urban design project from design concept through to implementation. Our urban designers and landscape architects are also able to work across a wide range of engineering projects to help drive integrated and holistic outcomes for the project and the place.
Many of Beca's key clients are as passionate about good urban design as we are. They can be found within local and central government, infrastructure and transport and the development sectors.
The scale and type of our urban design and landscape work is broad ranging, including:
• Future character strategies, design guidelines and controls for integration with District Plans
• Concept plans that support growth strategies
• Master plans, structure plans and urban design frameworks for towns, cities and regions
• Urban and landscape frameworks for highways and other infrastructure
• Integrated land use, urban design and transportation projects
• Streetscape upgrades, revitalisation projects, public space design, and pedestrian and cycle bridges
• Built form and massing (design and testing) for significant development sites
• Peer review and policy inputs for residential and mixed use developments
• Visual assessment and
• Expert advice.