Beca is recognised for undertaking comprehensive and thorough impact assessments, sustainability reviews and evaluating the environmental effects of projects.
Visualisation of the Waterview Connection, Auckland
Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs) or Assessments of Environmental Effects (AEEs) are an essential component of any major project. Our environmental scientists offer a wide range of technical skills and our experienced environmental planners co-ordinate robust environmental impact assessments that support or facilitate practical development or design solutions aimed at successful and sustainable outcomes.
Our planners have prepared assessments for a wide range of development projects around the world, particularly in New Zealand, Australia and around the Pacific Rim, including:
- housing - urban and rural
- hospitals, schools and emergency services
- sports stadia, recreation and community facilities
- transport infrastructure including roading, railways and passenger transport
- commercial offices, hotels and shopping centres
- industrial complexes, factories and business parks
- energy generation and transmission
- water and waste infrastructure
- specialist areas such as the coastal environment and airports
- quarry and mining projects.
Our services cover the co-ordination of multi-disciplinary and investigation and design teams. We are able to prepare comprehensive and thorough supporting documentation, lead consultation with local communities and special interest groups, author and compile robust reports and present expert evidence before council or commissioner panels, courts or tribunals.