We draw on a range of specialist disciplines to take a project from design concept through to implementation.
New Zealand is seeing an increasing focus on the quality of public places, and a growing demand for better design outcomes. Urban design is about guiding, designing and supporting the delivery of a high quality built environment. It is a tool for transformation of our towns, cities and regions, grounded in an understanding of places and a commitment to their future.
Urban design has long been factored into Beca's work, but as an 'official' team, we are the newest addition to the Beca family, combining 'old hands' with internationally recruited urban designers.
Our process is a collaborative one, and as part of one of New Zealand's largest multi-disciplinary consultancies, we are well positioned to draw on the full range of Beca's specialist disciplines to take a project from design concept through to implementation.
Many of Beca's key clients are as passionate about good urban design as we are. They can be found within local and central government, infrastructure and transport and the development sectors.
The scale and type of our work is broad ranging, and our projects include:
- Future character strategies, design guidelines and controls for integration with District Plans
- Concept plans that support growth strategies
- Peer review and policy inputs for residential and mixed use developments
- Master plans, structure plans and urban design frameworks for towns, cities and regions
- Infrastructure projects
- Streetscape upgrades, revitalisation projects, public space design, and pedestrian and cycle bridges
- Built form and massing for significant development sites