Connexion is targeted to transform private healthcare in Singapore. The building's engineering design includes ease of maintainability and efficiency to help minimize long term operational costs.
Connexion is Singapore's first fully-integrated hospital, hotel and medical specialist centre, located at Farrer Park. It will service local patients as well as overseas medical tourists and business travellers. This 20-storey integrated complex spans across a total floor area of over 60,000m2 and includes a 250-room full-service hotel. Beca is providing mechanical and electrical engineering, hydraulic , extra low voltage systems and fire protection services on the project. Some key features of the development include:
- three LINAC rooms, a separate radiology department with three MRI scanners/fluoroscopy units
- 11 operating theatres, CSSD and support areas
- one fully interventional Cardiac Cathertisation laboratories
- four ward levels comprising 120 in-patient and 69 out-patient wards
- 189 private clinical facilities
- a 500-seater conference centre boasting modern facilities, a 50-metre Olympic-sized swimming pool and other executive amenities.
Another key feature and challenge of the building design is its integration with an MRT Rail station, above which Connexion is built.
Having been awarded the Green Mark Platinum by the BCA, the building services have been benchmarked against internationally acclaimed structures. Its building engineering design includes high quality of redundancy, and ease of maintainability and efficiency aimed at minimizing long term operational costs.
Believed to be way ahead of its time, Connexion is poised to become one of the largest and most advanced medical facilities in Asia.
Construction is underway.