The ports and coastal market requires specific expertise. Beca’s many years’ experience in this area helps us deliver effective solutions for our clients.
Port and marine projects are located in a sensitive environment that can change overnight as a result of a storm. Coupled with the challenge of these natural processes, economic drivers, environmental impacts and consenting and permitting processes are typically key project elements.
Beca has a solid appreciation of the many issues surrounding port and marine projects, gained through our diverse experience in the sector, and longstanding relationships with many of our port and marine clients. We apply this knowledge and understanding in order to target effective solutions that meet our clients' needs.
- Beca has a sound understanding of environmental legislation and the techniques needed to assess the effects of port and marine projects on the natural environment.
- Through regular contact with the construction industry we seek to tailor our designs to meet critical construction equipment requirements.
- To assess the risks associated with port and marine projects, we draw on our experience with similar projects and develop a risk profile for the client. Working closely with the client, we can then develop appropriate design objectives and criteria that will assist in environmental applications.
- We provide a broad range of services that aim to ensure an integrated approach to projects.
- We scope the project to assist us in providing the appropriate level of project and construction management and in recognising opportunities for innovative solutions.
- Keeping a port facility operational throughout a project is a key challenge for our project teams. We are experienced in the careful planning and liaison with port management and authorities to reduce disruption and take account of safety.