Beca provides a wide range of multi-discipline design and project management services to support complex rail projects across their entire lifecycle.
We have played major roles in developing new rail infrastructure as well as upgrading existing rail infrastructure. Beca’s rail project leaders are experienced in the constraints and requirements associated with working on existing rail assets in live operating environments. Our mission is to provide safe and sustainable solutions that respond to our clients' needs.
Beca’s planners, engineers and project managers can provide a comprehensive range of services from planning and advisory services through to operations and asset management of buildings, rail infrastructure, rolling stock and equipment.
We work closely with rail operators and infrastructure owners and enjoy long standing relationships with tier one railway building contractors. This allows us to seamlessly involve them throughout the design process and gain their valuable input into construction methods and value engineering to help optimise the design.
Our services include:
- Multi-modal transport planning
- Business case, economic and financial assessment
- Demand forecasting for freight and passenger systems
- Project management
- Design of rail corridors
- Civil and structural engineering
- Overhead wiring
- Traction power distribution
- Communications and control systems
- Fire and life safety
- Systems and safety assurance
- Reliability, availability, maintainability and safety engineering
- Operations and maintenance and asset management systems
- Sustainability and environmental assessment and management
- Planning applications.
Beca is proud to be a leader in sustainable design. We have extensive experience in delivering projects to improve environmental, social and economic outcomes across their design, construction and operational phases. This includes delivering successful transport systems and infrastructure to ‘Green Buildings’ design standards and Sustainable Built Environments (SBE) principles. Our team of professionals can recommend and provide systems that improve energy efficiency, reduce waste and improve cost efficiency.